8.03.2006
[Tacks, the Boy Disaster]
Just don't question why a bereted French mime would blow up the Eiffel Tower.

Now a favorite here in town sure has become rather popular with a few out-of-towners as of late; the favorite I sprakenze of is none other than Tacks, the Boy Disaster. Tacks is a (currently) label-less quartet whose frontman boasts experience with both Midlake and the Polyphonic Spree. With the rainy day feel of the piano and its antiqued melodies, Tacks can at times have the feel of Midlake, albeit darker. Recently featured on my piano post, Tacks carries an overall sound that is lush, folky and gentle. Now I don't know about my counterpart, but Tacks would have definitely made my own Rainy Day mix. You can pick up their EP - Oh, Beatrice - for a cool $8, and I think you just can't refuse at that price. If you're in my area of Austin, TX and the immediate beyond, you can check them out at the Gallery Lombardi on the 5th of this month.

From Oh, Beatrice (all songs are right click - save as):
Paris
Forgetmenot


Visit them over at their site(though I recommend the myspace for info).
Be their friend!

Otherwheres - Let's not forget about the Spoon contest that's going on, its ridiculously simple but the response to it is making us sad.
2 Comments:
Anonymous Lauren said...
Brad-a-rad-a-ford-- I love it!

Anonymous Chellosaur said...
Oh thank you so much for this suggestion! I have been wanting to find new eargasm as of late and you surely have given me something brilliant to listen to!