11.12.2006
[BSOTM Contest : Stranger Than Fiction + And The Winner Is...]
Well hello, hello. Hopefully I didn't miss much while I vacationed from the blogosphere. In blog time, I think I took a break equivalent to 6 months and 4 days - I don't know, the math always gets me - but we're back! Now usually when I say, "It's time for another contest here at Both Sides," it's been a few weeks since the previous one concluded. Well, it seems we're rather eager to get the ball rolling again, because it's time for another contest here at Both Sides! I've got a copy of the soundtrack from the movie Stranger Than Fiction to give out to one lucky winner. Now I was more than excited to offer this one up, because this particular soundtrack features a new song from Spoon as well as three golden oldies. Spoon lead Britt Daniel, in addition to contributing four songs, helped to score the film by collaborating with producer Brian Reitzell (soundtracks for “Marie Antoinette” “Lost In Translation,” "Virgin Suicides," "Thumbsucker") on three tracks. Pretty much I go to treat this OST like a new Spoon EP or something. Gee whiz, I almost forgot this was a contest. All right if you want a chance to get the Stranger Than Fiction OST, all you have to do is email us your name and address with the subject "BSOTM Contest". This one ends fast - I'll pick a winner on November 18. Good luck!

- CONTEST OVER -

Congratulations Maggie Chan!

From Stranger Than Fiction (all songs are right click - save as):
Book I Write

Stranger Than Fiction
Tracklist:
1. SPOON - The Book I Write
2. MAXIMO PARK - Going Missing

3. WRECKLESS ERIC - Whole Wide World

4. BRITT DANIEL / BRIAN REITZELL - Flours

5. SPOON - The Way We Get By

6. DELTA 5 - Mind Your Own Business

7. CALIFONE - Bottles & Bones (Shade & Sympathy)

8. BRITT DANIEL / BRIAN REITZELL - Writer's Block

9. SPOON - My Mathematical Mind

10. VANGELIS - La Petite Fille De La Mer

11. THE JAM - That's Entertainment (demo version)

12. THE UPSETTERS - Dubbing In The Back Seat

13. BRITT DANIEL / BRIAN REITZELL - Auditor

14. SPOON - Vittorio E

15. M83 - In Church (Cyann & Ben Version)

Check out the Stranger Than Fiction site.


-------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - On a note not to be soured by being a simple "Otherwheres", congratulations to Peter Overzet and Steve Tartaglione on winning the guestlist spots for The Grates at Spaceland!

Otherwheres - Skatterbrain Matt has a new Deerhoof track that you ought to check out...

Otherwheres - Chris over at Gorilla VS Bear has some Bad News Bears about Grizzly Bear...
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
When does it end?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh nevermind, don't mind me I was just being dumb