2.18.2007
[Noah & The Whale]
This threesome may already look familiar - I promised to post on these guys last Wednesday but opted out in lieu of posting my Musicupid mix. That being the past, onwards I press on to hopefully make Noah & The Whale not just look familiar, but sound familiar too. The scuba-masked, bathtub denizens known as Noah & The Whale call port in London. Carrying that distinctly distinctively distinct English sound, Noah & The Whale carry a favorably acoustic demeanor to sing about love - what it was, what it is, what it can be. Unlike most musicians their age, Noah & The Whale cover the subject with such a matured sound, it's hard to believe it projects from such young'uns. Rock and Daggers best characterizes this sound, the song that came to be my introduction to the London trio. Regularly, chances are I probably would have skipped right on through, but I listened on and the wonderful chorus that pops in about 3 minutes in made sure I was kept in place. 5 Years Time is what stole my heart though - it's cheery, carefree, and is that a ukelele? It's love, love, love...

Various Songs From Noah & The Whale (all songs are right click - save as):
5 Years Time
Rock and Daggers
Death By Numbers

Be their friend!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - Shearly, It' A Contest ends this Friday!

Otherwheres - Again, whoever the hell is hotlinking my photos - arrestar, por favore...

Otherwheres - YANP Matt, GVB Chris and MOKB Dodge got together with Hot Freaks! and are setting up one hell of a day party for South By...

Otherwheres - Nathaniel over at IGIF stumbled onto another great iTunes applet...
3 Comments:
Blogger Tim said...
ace little band, who as good live as on cd

Blogger Brad aka Penguin said...
tim - I definitely wish I could check them out, but it definitely looks like they rarely go stateside (if they ever go stateside). Wish I remembered them months ago, I could have encouraged them to participate in South By this year...

Anonymous francesnash said...
grrr...nobody ever comes to play in miami.