3.10.2007
[Clearlake] + And The Winner Is...
"I feel fine in your company even when we sit silently."

Coming from my end of things is yet another British band. I'm guessing it's ripe time for me to combat my Americanada mix with something a bit more...Euro. Moseying about in one form or another, Clearlake is a quartet that hail from Brighton, England. Officially booking 1995 as their year of formation, Clearlake released a slurry of singles before really breaking into things with the release of their debut album Lido in 2001. After earning quite a bit of attention, the group pressed on by stamping two more albums into their discography. The boys had a New Year's resolution to do something different, and it seems they answered such 23 days into January with the release of their latest album Amber. Hosting a rather melancholic mood, I first caught Clearlake's tunage with the track Getting Light Outside, and it's still my favorite from the quartet. Clearlake can be very viking with their drums at times, and so Getting Lighting Outside starts off with a commanding bom-bom-bom call from the drums - row, damnit! Row! As the track continues, however, Getting Light Outside differentiates itself from their usual guitar haze with precise, sharp guitar riffs. The lyrics are nothing mesmerizing, but that whirlpool of a beat circulates about to keep you hanging on through and through. Clearlake are currently up to...eh, nothing? Oh well, listen on...

From Clearlake's Amber (all songs are right click - save as):
Getting Light Outside
Good Clean Fun
No Kind of Life

Learn more at the Clearlake site.
Be their friend!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - I picked a winner for the PB&J Contest! Congrats to Richelle Reyes!

Otherwheres - After tomorrow's post, Both Sides will post tentatively for the rest of this week as Alina and I will be getting our South By on, we'll resume normal posting on Sunday. Come and meet us if you're going! We'll be rather roundabout...

Otherwheres - Good stuff abound over at MOKB and Gorilla VS Bear, so go show them some love just cause I feel like you ought to...
5 Comments:
Anonymous Ian said...
Have fun at South By Southwest - shit for luck I can't go this year.

Blogger Damo said...
Ah, don't be fooled! There's always stuff going on. No news is good news...

Anonymous thomas said...
I'd tell you that I'll be the drunk one with a hat and sunglasses but that pretty much covers everyone at the fest...

Blogger Brad aka Penguin said...
ian - That is a bummer you can't be around this year, what is it though, like 25 years and running? Here's to next year!

damo - Well I'm not gonna argue with that, I've said someone's up to nothing and been wrong about it aha many a time. Heh, I need to do my job better...

thomas - Mmm, sun - with the mention of weather, I have to say Central Texas has been exceptionally skitzo with it's forecast for this week.

Anonymous christopher said...
Nice call on Getting Light Outside