4.09.2007
[The Features]
I think I've made it known that the idea of blogger's remorse puts some of the things I want to talk about on the backburner. Ya know, that way talking about a band that's not necessarily new goes in conjunction with news of some release or a tour. While I'm sure the Features aren't exactly stagnant, I don't think I can keep them in the back any longer. It surprised me the first time to find out that not all "good things" coming out of Nashville, Tennessee (I don't know why Mississippi gets all the attention when Tennessee is just as much fun to spell) are packaged with big hair and a country twang, but groups like the Features are always around to reassure me that such a statement stands true. It's a bit weird for me to accept it so easily in the first place when I write out from deep in the heart of Texas, but right...the Features. I knew I just had to write about this foursome despite being early/late/out of the blue about it when The Idea of Growing Old shuffled into my ears. It was there in my chair that I came to think, "Damn, these boys have rhythm." Yes, rhythm...and harmony and a keen sense of the instruments they choose to use. In other words, these kids know what they're doing and deserve your ears. So whether this post is introducing you to something new or merely reminding you of a dustry track, give in to some tunage from the Features...

From The Features' Contrast (all songs are right click - save as):
Wooden Heart
Commotion

From Exhibit A:
The Idea of Growing Old

You can check up on more stuff at the Features site
.
Be their friend!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - Thanks to a comment and a well-timed mailout from Spoon, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga makes a little bit more sense - if you're curious, update at Spoon Goes Ga Ga post...

Otherwheres - Matt over at Skatterbrain has some Saturday Looks Good To Me news...

Otherwheres - And on the other end, GVB Chris has something to report/new tunage from St. Vincent...
5 Comments:
Anonymous Valerie said...
Whoooo's been painting my mothafuckin' roses red?! Love the frame, love the "tunage"

Anonymous John said...
Idea of Growing Old was pretty much my theme song awhile back - great song, still is...

Blogger wakeful dreamer said...
The Features have always been one of my favorites. I'm glad to see them get a piece of the recognition they deserve!

Blogger dawn said...
A little White Stripes-y...in a very good way. Thanks for sharing. I'm also thinking Von Bondies and Replacements just on a first listen.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
The features do a wonderfuljob on this song, one of my favorites for sure. But I have not been able to find the song online. I had it previously, because I know I have it somewhere on CD. If anyone knows where to find the song these days, please let me know!