4.15.2007
[Jamie T]
"From here to Salvador, the ladies dance to fill us reckless sons with passions of the heart."

I was going to start off a post nothing, "I feel a bit weird writing about *insert rock band here* after the likes of a rap mix," and then I realized, now would not only be the most fitting time to post about Jamie T, but it would probably be the only time I can get about it and not feel weird. "Am I crazy for liking this guy?" was the first thing that was said to me when I was first introduced to the likes of this spunky 22-year old from Wimbledon. Linked straight to his myspace, I got straight to listening to
Sheila courtesy of those crap players myspace uses. "Yes, you are crazy" was what I wanted to respond with as I found myself listening to a song that was sorta rock but not really, sorta rap but something different, and then, just when I thought I was confused enough as it was, it goes slightly electronic or something on me. It was crazy all around, and I ended up responding with, "Really? This sounds great." I don't blame him for asking if he was crazy though. Jamie T really is quite a card. After all, he lists his genres as rap, reggae, and punk. Having dropped that weird combination, I have to go ahead and ask the same question. Am I crazy for liking this guy?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - Right, a whole lotta hotlinking is happening again with my images. I say this with love, but lay the fuck off...

Otherwheres - Having done about 5 years worth of concerts, Picasso Matt is still up to his recaps...

Otherwheres - Chris over at Gorilla VS Bear announces a funtest...

Otherwheres
- Well lookie there, Mike over at Nothing But Green Lights posts about Rod Thomas...

15 Comments:
Blogger Ancient Clown said...
Blessings;

Very cool site. Love what you've done here. I don't have a copy of any of my music at the moment but I'd love to share an IDEA with you y'all.
your humble servant,
ancient clown

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I agree! Thanks for sharing some of your music!

muscleforge.com

Anonymous Mr k said...
You're far from crazy for liking Jamie T and I think he even managed a top ten album here in the UK (pretty hard for most new alternative acts).

Anonymous Crazy Pictures said...
nice custom looking blog but not a big rap fan myself.

Anonymous Mitch said...
No worries, you're definitely not crazy for liking this guy's stuff...

Blogger Colin said...
Had Panic Prevention for a while. This is some wicked offbeat shit, good shout

Blogger Colin said...
Try Kano, he's pretty cool. Bit garage like - I hate garage - but decent. Particularly 9 to 5, pretty good.

Anonymous Emily said...
Ah, I was going to mention Panic Prevention, but looks like colin beat me to it. Jamie T is somewhere else, reminds me just a bit of Lily Allen but...not.

Anonymous find.avoda said...
great photo great guitar :)

Blogger geoff said...
"genres as rap, reggae, and punk."

Before Rap was recognised, the Police were a band that used a fusion of reggae and punk in their music and Sting is still going strong.

Blogger dawn said...
And lest we forget...The Clash were blending punk and reggae some 20-freaking-5 years ago or so, my friends, and there have been countless imitators ever since.

Fabulous blog!

Keep up the great work!

God bless,
Bill Corrigan
Long Island, NY

Blogger Brad aka Penguin said...
Thanks for all the comments and general jibjabber guys...

Geoff & Dawn - Mentioning those genres was just me saying how the guy's something a bit different, wouldnt think about downplaying the Police and wahey the Clash (love 'em). Actually I can't believe I forgot about the Clash...

Blogger Brad aka Penguin said...
Oh and while I'm here, I might as well mention this somewhere. If it hasn't become increasingly obvious, my Photobucket accounts' exceeded. Accounts, that's two, one of em' will reset in 10 days so we'll look weird till then - sorry guys! We'll get around to fixing our bandwidth problem soon regarding both images and files...

Anonymous zu said...
what the fuck? good stuff, in a totally out-there way.