8.11.2007
[Oh No! Oh My!]
"You're uneasy, and you say you're scared and that if I die, then at least you'll die too."

As some people start moving back to school, it's only a short while before many of us start finding ourselves shuffling back into classrooms. Knowing this, I've taken it upon myself to have as much fun as I can, and as I can, and as I choke these latter days of summer to asphyxiation, I've become rather friendly with Oh No! Oh My! I don't know how it's taken me this long, let alone this entire summer, to go to talking about this Austin group, but better late than never, eh? If you wander the blogs, you'd know that this band hasn't gone by without the love of many other bloggers, and I'm sure one of the reasons why they've gotten so much love is the same reason why I've been listening to them so much lately. On top of the of the clever lyrics and overall quirky nature, Oh No! Oh My! just plain and simple makes for a fun listen. There are the typical twee-pop characteristics, but I think the true charm of Oh No! Oh My! lies in their lyrics. Oh No! Oh My! practice what I've come to call "musical irony." In a casual listen, you'd think that everything's happy sappy joy joy, but once you really prop yourself down and listen to the lyrics, you'd realize that thing's are a bit off - this wonderful day makes for a great drive-by shooting, and despite having some ugly family members, you came out great. Quirky.

Various Songs From Oh No! Oh My! (all songs are right click - save as):
The Party Punch
I Have No Sister
Walk In The Park

These boys are currently on tour with Au Revoir Simone, check info at their site.
Be their friend!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - On a personal note, sorry about being late for posting. I've been tricking myself into ridiculously long naps lately, and haven't done much of anything, the blog included...

Otherwheres - Chris over at Gorilla VS Bear doesn't have a track from Oh No! Oh My! but rather just Oh No...

Otherwheres - I was wondering why Devendra was being mentioned so much with my blog rounds, and luckily Covert Curiousity's here to edumacate me...
4 Comments:
Blogger Brendan said...
I cant stop listening to these guys.
thank you

Anonymous Laura said...
I saw these guys when I was just hoping to check out Au Revoir Simone and was really pleased they tagged along for the tour by the end of their set...

Anonymous Valerie said...
That's pretty much the face I make when I put my make up on in the mornings too...

Anyway, I love these guys so thanks for "I Have No Sister"

Blogger Brad aka Penguin said...
brendan - No problem brendan, sharing is caring...

laura - I actually thought it was pretty odd that they'd tour with Au Revoir Simone, they seem like opposite sides of the spectrum. Nonetheless, I'm glad they're touring together and I'm glad you found your way to them...

valerie - No problem on the mp3, sharing is caring...