1.14.2008
[Albums of '07]
We're well on our way into this new year, and as most resolutions go, I've already broken one of mine. For someone that made a resolution to post more, I'm certainly sucking up this year a bit early. Oh well, I've got sometime to fix that, and I can start right here with my favorite albums from 2007. Seeing as 5 seems to be the number being thrown around, I went ahead and jumbled through for five albums I really enjoyed last year. Not a ranking mind you, and to prove that even more, I went ahead and just stuck these in alphabetical order. Yeah, yeah - I'm indecisive...

Albums of '07 (all songs are right click-save as):

From Andrew Birds's Armchair Apocrypha:
Heretics
Darkmatter

Learn more at the Andrew Bird site.
Be his friend!

From Arcade Fire's Neon Bible:
Intervention
No Cars Go

Learn more at the Arcade Fire site.
Be their friend!

From Menomena's Friend and Foe:
Rotten Hell
Weird

Learn more at the Menomena site.
Be their friend!

From Okkervil River's The Stage Names:
Our Live Is Not A Movie Or Maybe
Savannah Smiles

Learn more at the Okkervil River site.
Be their friend!

From Spoon's Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga:
The Underdog
Don't You Evah

Learn more at the Spoon site
.
Be their friend!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - A (late) happy new year to you guys!

Otherwheres - So, of course, everyone else has had their choice for top everything of '07. Feel free to pick one: YANP, IGIF, GVB, MOKB, Covert Curiosity, and Party Ends among many many others...

Otherwheres - Have a great week!

Labels:

3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
So if that top picture is to be believed as a mash of albums to be mentioned, someone forgot to put up a certain Radiohead album...

Blogger Brad aka Penguin said...
Haha, good eye there Anon. I was wondering how long it would be before someone would notice that. Apparently, not very long. I was hoping to cover a few more albums before it ended up being cut down to just five...

Anonymous Seth said...
Though I can't really see Andrew Bird to be well enough as a Top 5, I'm really glad to see Okkervil River and Menomena up there.