5.06.2009
[If You've Only Got...]
4 Minutes, 4 Seconds

"I spend late nights trying to pick up love off the floor where the other brothers leave it be, though it's stuck hard down, it's like chewing gum."

"If You've Only Got" is a feature here on Both Sides showcasing one song, one artist. Whether you have all day to listen to it or just enough time to put it in play once, an If You've Only Got song is gonna be well worth that time. It could be something from way back or something entirely new to you, but ultimately it's just something I really feel like sharing...

When I reported on the likes of this 20-some year old two years ago, there was quite a bit of conversation that followed in the comments. Looking back on it now, I don't even know why I bothered ending my post asking if I was crazy for liking this guy. The obvious answer, as reinforced by all those that spoke up afterwards, was no. If anything, in the end, I'd be crazy not to like this guy. An urban minstrel, Jamie T mixes punk, reggae and rap all into songs with a tenacious rhythm and beat with a lyrical flow that's got a contemporary ebb and flow. Jamie's been a bit out of service lately, but rest assured, he's been hard at work on his next album.

If You've Only Got Series 4 (all songs are right click - save as):
Jamie T - If You Got The Money

Learn more at his site.
Be his friend!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - Dodge over at MOKB packs a ridiculous amount of entertainment in his Peelander-Z interview...

Otherwheres - Chris at Gorilla VS Bear intros Burial and Four Tet's collaborative pieces...

Otherwheres - Even though I don't think its the one with Doug and Skeeter, IGIF shares The Beets - bangin on a trashcan, strumming on a streetlight...

Labels:

2 Comments:
Blogger Hapi said...
hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Blogger Aaron Robert Hall said...
I have never heard of these guys. They are extremely catchy and pretty fun in a in a super bobbing way. I can see the girls now doing a group super freak out dance in the corner.