7.15.2006
Cities
I was born in San Jose, California. I moved to Pleasanton, California. Then I moved to Austin, Texas. Unfortunately, none of my cities have been written about, at least to my knowledge. Not so for these cities!
Brad and I should write a song about Austin and how much we love it... Because we really do...

Isn't Austin wondrous?

mp3 Sufjan Stevens- Chicago
I love this song to pieces. Seamless and crisp and bubbly and perfect.

mp3 Augustana- Boston
I can actually play this song with my limited skills on the piano! But don't get me wrong, the song is catchy and beautiful.

mp3 Arctic Monkeys- Fake Tales of San Francisco
Wondrous pump-up music, no matter what you're pumping up for.

mp3 Sunday's Best- The Salt Mines of Santa Monica
The song is crunchy. Yea. Listen and tell me if you agree.

mp3 Hot Hot Heat- In Cairo
Piano is almost 7th Heaven-ish. Good thing it stops before it really is.

mp3 Of Montreal- Oslo in the Summertime
Starts out sounding like a video game. Then to an action film. Then to a techno dance club. Then if you were in the techno dance club on acid. Then it kind of stays there. Heh.


3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Fake tales, and Oslo have been favorites of mine forever and ever and ever and ever and ever.


actually most of the songs you guys post i've loved.


i also love you guys. :]

Anonymous Anonymous said...
thanks man! I've been looking for that hot hot heat song forever. you rule.
peace,
MB

Blogger Joanne said...
It's not true that none of your cities has a song written about it: there's "Do You Know The Way to San Jose" by Dionne Warwick. :D

There's probably an Austin song somewhere. It's name-checked in "Jump On It" by Sir-Mix-A-Lot, at the very least. XD