7.10.2006
Movie Music
Good movie music has the potential to save an otherwise floundering film. And if it doesn't, at least the lack of ticket and DVD sales will be countered by the wild success of its soundtrack.


mp3 Radiohead- Talk Show Host
From the Leonardo version of Romeo and Juliet. That one prevailing guitar riff is just fucking striking for some reason. While Leo and Claire were spitting out Shakespeare out of context, I was listening to Radiohead.


mp3 Damien Rice- The Blower's Daughter
Closer was actually quite good. Damien Rice only made it better.



mp3Mark Mothersbaugh- Ping Island/Lightning Strike Rescue Op
This song is witty and hilarious, much like the movie. Simple electronic beeps to full on orchestra... GENIUS!


mp3 Frou Frou- Let Go
One of the best closing songs. One of the best recent movies. One of the best movie soundtracks. One of the best blah blah blah.


mp3 Pixies- Where is My Mind
"AAaahhh... AAaahhh.. With your feet in the air and your head on the ground..." A whole skyline falling with this tune playing in the background... Simply perfect.

Watch the movies and listen to the music. You'll be happy you did! Maybe!
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
not sure how you got a hold of the music off my server. I would appreciate either at least a link back or take it down. I have to pay for my data transfer. Thanks. ~GonZo Jenny

Blogger Unknown said...
Hey Jenny - I just want to apologize for this older post still sucking life out of your servers. It's from an older life, and I didn't realize the other writer was linking off of other people. We've got our own server these days, so we totally understand the leeching. Sorry again, and thanks for calling it to my attention.