Many years ago, 1621 to be exact, the Pilgrims of Plymouth shared a table with the Wampanoag Indians - or so the story goes. Thanksgiving is a one-day celebration of the things one has at the close of the harvest season. ONe that celebratory evening, the Pilgrims were probably thankful for Squanto, the Native American that prevented the Pilgrims from dying of starvation by teaching them how to catch food and grow crops in the new land. Good on ya Squanto! So, in the spirit of celebrating thanks, I'd like to share a few of the things I am thankful for with this, my Musicopia...
(All songs are right click - save as & artist name leads to site)
I am thankful for...
- ...the time I have off for this holiday. I finally have time to do nothing for good reason.
Olympic Hopefuls - Holiday
- ...waking up in time for to see the Macy's Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade - something I haven't woken up in time for in three years. Heypenny - Parade
- ...the turkey! There's nothin' like a dead bird on the table - decorative and delicious!
Franz Ferdinand - All For You, Sophia
- ...the rest of the food - stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potato pie, pecan pie, corn on the cob, mashed potatos, rolls. Ya know, the extra things that make us feel bad.
Bloc Party - Banquet
Unless it sucks...
Bloc Party - Like Eating Glass
- ...the concept of excercise. After the average Thanksgiving meal, everyone always feels a bit wieghed down.
Beulah - Gravity's Bringing Us Down Tapes 'n Tapes - Cowbell Queen - Fat Bottomed Girls
- ...blogwise, Alina. Without her on board, I'd have to do a hell of a lot more writing.
Rainer Maria - Artificial Light
- ...you! We're always grateful for your readership, so here's wishin' you thanks and a good holiday, or at least a great weekend! Architecture in Helsinki - Wishbone
Both Sides of the Mouth is a dual-authored mp3 blog based in Austin, Texas. All audio posted on this site is meant for sampling purposes only. If you really like what you hear, show it and support the artist - buy an album, buy some merch. If you represent or own any media on this site and would like something taken down please email us, and we will take the neccessary action of removing the file(s).