11.23.2006
[Musicopia]
Many years ago, 1621 to be exact, the Pilgrims of Plymouth shared a table with the Wampanoag Indians - or so the story goes. Thanksgiving is a one-day celebration of the things one has at the close of the harvest season. ONe that celebratory evening, the Pilgrims were probably thankful for Squanto, the Native American that prevented the Pilgrims from dying of starvation by teaching them how to catch food and grow crops in the new land. Good on ya Squanto! So, in the spirit of celebrating thanks, I'd like to share a few of the things I am thankful for with this, my Musicopia...


(All songs are right click - save as & artist name leads to site)

I am thankful for...

- ...the time I have off for this holiday. I finally have time to do nothing for good reason.

Olympic Hopefuls - Holiday

- ...waking up in time for to see the Macy's Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade - something I haven't woken up in time for in three years.
Heypenny - Parade

- ...the turkey! There's nothin' like a dead bird on the table - decorative and delicious!

Franz Ferdinand - All For You, Sophia

- ...the rest of the food - stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potato pie, pecan pie, corn on the cob, mashed potatos, rolls. Ya know, the extra things that make us feel bad.

Bloc Party - Banquet

Unless it sucks...

Bloc Party - Like Eating Glass

- ...the concept of excercise. After the average Thanksgiving meal, everyone always feels a bit wieghed down.

Beulah - Gravity's Bringing Us Down
Tapes 'n Tapes - Cowbell
Queen - Fat Bottomed Girls

- ...blogwise, Alina. Without her on board, I'd have to do a hell of a lot more writing.

Rainer Maria - Artificial Light

- ...you! We're always grateful for your readership, so here's wishin' you thanks and a good holiday, or at least a great weekend!
Architecture in Helsinki - Wishbone

------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - In the course of the next few days, Alina and I will be cutting out files in our archives to help conserve bandwidth and overall space, so grab stuff while you still can...

Otherwheres - If you haven't noticed, it's been a while since I last posted. I finally got my wireless back up today, so I can post again...
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
oi.
the franz track is actually "all for you, sophia", off of the take me out single.

cheers.
& happy (late) turkey day.

Blogger Unknown said...
Heyo Anon - Thanks for pointin' that out. "Bang Bang" seems like such a fitting title too, but ah well, "All For You, Sophia" it is...