12.14.2006
[Hue Talkin' To Me? Mix] + Changes At Both Sides

I know what you're thinking - "Who's this guy? I think I remember there being another side of the mouth, but that was such a long time ago." Yes, yes - I realize that I've been gone for quite a while. It's been two weeks, I think, which converts to about 6 months, 3 days and 2 hours in blog time. Well alas, my hellish two weeks are over, and I can get back to things here at Both Sides of the Mouth. Now, to mark my return, I have a dilemma that I'd like you all to help me with. In small chunks of time during the two weeks I was gone, I worked on a new banner for Both Sides. Well, if a new banner goes up, you might as well test other things out, yeah? So guys, I'd like you all to vote on the color scheme that you think would best fit Both Sides. I also realize that some of the larger resolution people are subject to very wide columns, so I'll be fixing that as well. And, since I'll be tweaking, if you have any suggestions about other things you think are due for change, be sure to let me know in the comments, and I'll see what I can do. Glad to be back guys!









VOTING IS OVER

Final Tallies

Red & Tan - 53 (46.1%)

Red & Gold - 30 (26.1%)

Green & Blue - 18 (15.7%)

Blue & Tan - 14 (12.2%)

Oh yes, and since it wouldn't really be a post if I didn't put anything up...here's a mix regarding colors to maybe help with your voting...

Hue Talkin' To Me? Mix (all songs are right click - save as & artist name leads to site):

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! - The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth
Bishop Allen - Little Black Ache
The Long Winters - Blue Diamonds
The Spinto Band - Brown Boxes
Women and Children - Oranges
Tunng - Red and Green
Matt & Kim - Silver Tiles
Okkervil River - Black
The Apples in Stereo - Ruby


And because I love The Clash...

The Clash - White Riot

--------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - On a personal note, thanks to Alina for writing while I was gone. I wanted to start a blog with someone else for a reason - aren't you glad someone kept you entertained?

Otherwheres - If you haven't noticed, I've done a considerable amount of file deleting for songs in the archives. I always said that I'd delete stuff, but I never actually got to it until yesterday...

Otherwheres - If you're in my area of Austin, TX and the immediate beyond, you might want to consider...