4.19.2007
[Albert Hammond, Jr.]
"You're pretty. Won't you play with me? This time I'll be nice."

It seems it's time for Both Sides to revert back to it's rock days before we get cast into a mold of rap, and while Alina hits back with the electronic outfit that is Electric President, I'm going to usher in my return with the likes of Albert Hammond, Jr. If that sounds any at all familiar, credit may or may not be due to his affiliation with the Strokes, but despite having that to namedrop, Hammond's solo project is much, much more than some side project. Hammond's album Yours To Keep has been daydreamed for years, and his love for the album really shows in the disc. Of course, being something that's been daydreamed for as long as it has, it's only fitting that it keep that sense of whimsy. Out of the stack of cds I had to go through the other day, Yours To Keep was, well, a keeper. Immediately it set itself apart with the starting track of Cartoon Music for Superheroes. With lullaby keys a'ringin and a sleepy guitar, I was sold with Yours To Keep for it's innocence and overall daydream state. You know that feeling you get whenever you remember something from your childhood? How in summer there was always a breeze to keep the sun from getting too hot and the grass was just as soft as your bed? Well kids, Hammond managed to bottle that up and slap it on a disc. So go on, reminisce...

From Yours To Keep (all songs are right click - save as):
Bright Young Thing
In Transit
Everyone Gets A Star

With only a myspace to share I say - be his friend!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - So if you haven't noticed, my photobucket accounts exceeded. They'll be back up and running in a few days, so until then, cope with the slight weirdness...

Otherwheres - Now usually I complain about YANP Matt getting to Spoon (and related) things before I do, but this time Connor at IGIF has me one over. Bridge the distance over at IGIF...

Otherwheres - If you're gonna be in Austin and it's immediate beyond on the 21st, be sure to check out Draft Sessions. Learn more over at Party Ends!...
7 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I always find the illustration/photo combos really charming, but never take a minute to mention it. This seems as good a time as any. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I am in LOVE with you blog!

Keep writing!

Awesome!

Bill
Long Island, NY

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Very good stuff in this post - stuff that brings you back to your childhood days are always great...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
We must all stray away from what is becoming the modern day destruction of music: rap.

As for your blog.. what about some metal? Some good ol' thrash metal.

Blogger Chris Bassoo said...
Posted by Chris Bassoo

...great blog, congrats of being blog of note......again congrats

warm regards Christopher Bassoo, Canada

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Aaaaw I remember those summer days - thanks for the memory trip. Hammond's music definitely fits for remembering the good ole' days, I love it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I love that song Bright Young Thing. Awesome, Awesome. It's great!!