4.21.2007
Amy Winehouse

When I first lay eyes on Amy Winehouse, I immediately thought: prostitute. For good reason, too. I mean, just look at her. She seriously looks like a hooker. But what sets this hooker apart from all the other harlots in the Red Light District is her unmistakable talent. Not at sex, but at singing. Amy Winehouse can really, really sing. Which makes me love her and feel sorry for calling her a prostitute. I'm sorry, Amy. I meant it at the time, but I take it back. I'm sure you don't sell your body on the streets even though you look it.

She has a surprisingly low voice, full of soul and attitude. You can put her in jazz, soul, R&B, blues, whatever the hell you want, but no matter what category you put her in, she's going to stand out. I was so so close to comparing her to Joss Stone for a second, like the evil, slutty, alcoholic version of Joss Stone, until it hit me that I was being retarded and that the two crooners sound nothing alike, even though they're both from the UK. One one hand, you have lovable Joss who covers White Stripes songs and shows up on Gap commercials barefoot. On the other hand, which is two arms lengths away from the other hand, you have Amy Winehouse, a performer who vomits in the middle of her set because of her mass consumption of alcohol prior to going onstage. But who do I enjoy listening to more? The drunk. She's more fun, unique, and fabulous. Cleavage, tattoos, and all.

mp3 Back to Black
mp3 Rehab

15 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
LMAO..Joss IS a slutty,drunk too!!!
with a fake personality to match her fake accent/fake soul!!
Amy wins hands down,at least she's real!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh my god Joss is awful. So pretentious. Amy's a drunk but at least she has a great voice and some of the album tracks are just outstanding.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I don't know about the whole she looks like a hooker thing. If you live in an area where hookers look like THAT then I really should move there.

Blogger Aaron A. said...
My first impression wasn't slut, but transvestite(she's got the chin).

howerver, she can sing.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
She's a great artist, but also a hilarious drunk.

Go search amy winehouse never mind the buzzcocks on youtube.

Possibly one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Blogger Alina said...
the first couple anonymous commenters assumed that i prefer joss, which if you actually read my post is obviously not true. "lmao", stfu.

Blogger Monkey and banana said...
maybe she's a transvestite.

Blogger Renegade said...
She's hot!

Check out Renegade's BS

Blogger Before Dawn said...
Hey, your blog is pretty cool. I checked out her music and she sounds pretty good. Keep at it.
Tyler.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
i dont care what anyone says, skanky, prostitutish, or even a whore.
call her whatever you like,
you'll never be her.
her style is amazing, i'd like to see your hair do that.
and so? she has a drinking & drug problem, it happens.
and dont judge her if youve never heard her album, because then your jut making a fool out of yourself.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hey, do you have permission to use her photo?? I agree with the writer who suggested that if you have hookers in your neighborhood that look as good as Amy...what a thoughtles thing to say about someone. Have you ever seen a hooker? They don't look like Julia Roberts, I guess that why you think Amy looks like a hooker. Oh well who are you? Some geek with a web site!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I wanna see Amy perform barefoot like Joss !

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Definitely a tranny!

Blogger Brad aka Penguin said...
To the person that keeps spamming this post with tranny ads - it's an old post, no one's gonna read it except me and, frankly, I'm not into that.

Sharing is caring but please keep it to yourself...

Anonymous Anonymous said...