1.29.2008
[We All Have Hooks For Hands]
"Since you died, I've never been the same, but somehow I'm breathing once again."

Riot groups, mariachi bands, angry mobs - let it not be said that large groups of people aren't fun. When it comes to carrying that idea over to music, I myself tend to attach a bit more affection the larger a band gets. Shooting out of Sioux Falls, South Dakota and having just as many words in their name as they have people in their band, We All Have Hooks For Hands is a 9-piece band of rambunctious kiddos - nine. Is there even a word for that? Nonette? After 6, I just start calling those groups parades or very exclusive parties. It's suspected that some people in the band just stand there. You know how in large groups a few people can just stand there lipping and no one would notice they're really not doing anything? I learned that in elementary school choir. I personally hypothesized that at least one member is devoted to dancing. Apparently, however, it seems an instrument really is attached to every person in the group - 3 guitars, 2 drums, 2 horns/keyboards, a violin, 5 golden rings, and a bass. WAHHFH is vibrant, heartwarming - ya know, happy music. Overtly upbeat and not one to shy away from group vocals, WAHHFH makes for a great, great pick-me-up.

From WAHHFH's The Pretender (all songs are right click - save as):
On & On
Jumpin' Jean-Luc

Learn more at their site.
Be their friend!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - We're up for a Bloggie!

Otherwheres - Covert Curiosity showcases Reatard...

Otherwheres - Catch the new Gnarls Barkley track over at Mission Freak...

Otherwheres - So I'm gonna be honest, the lyric I put up with this post was pretty much the only line I could fully understand from the two songs I put up for post...
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Great find!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Thanks for the songs, I love on and on

Blogger E said...
I first heard of WAHHFH on a radio station out of Seattle www.kexp.org and I just love them. One of my new favorite bands.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Good album, though not excellent, with a sound between Animal Collective and Arcade Fire. Thank you for the recommendation and greetings from Europe.