3.11.2008
[PTGEAIYGTSBWLAEIYWG Mix - Part 2]
The People to Get Excited About if You're Going to SXSW But Would Like Anyway Even if You Weren't Going Mix

You're probably wondering what the hell all those letters mean. Considering the almighty list for SXSW was released a few weeks ago, there's been quite a bit of material that I could have covered. Operative phrase there being "could have." Undoubtedly, it's a gargantuan amount and the time I've had lately has been minuscule. All right! I've been lazy. Regardless, when situations like this arise, a blogger's best friend, mix, comes into play. So, I present the "People to Get Excited About if You're Going to SXSW But Would Like Anyway Even if You Weren't Going" Mix - the product of me quickly skimming through that list of artists and jotting down names that had me getting all giddy. SXSW Music starts this Wednesday kiddos! How the hell did that happen? Those of you attending, I tip my hat and remind you to prepare for a crazy, crazy time...

SXSW Mix Pt. 2 (artist name leads to site & all songs are right click - save as):
Oh No! Oh My! - I Have No Sister
Okkervil River - Our Life Is Not A Movie or Maybe
Project Jenny, Project Jan - 320
Ra Ra Riot - Each Year
Sally Crewe & The Sudden Moves - Drive It Like You Stole It
Scissors for Lefty - Next To Argyle
The Constantines - On To You
The Emeralds - Shimokita Dream
The Hourly Radio - First Love Is Forever
The Octopus Project - The Way Things Go
The Spinto Band - Brown Boxes
The Submarines - Peace and Hate
Weakerthans - Aside
White Denim - ShakeShakeShake

---------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - I forgot to list who? How could I forget?! Who are you excited to see?

Otherwheres - Fest starts tomorrow kiddos...

Labels:

2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ahh I've been seeing SO many posts about SXSW and it just makes me sad I'm all the way over in New Zealand, it pretty much sounds like the best music festival in the world.. well second to Camp A Low Hum anyway. Your blog's awesome :)

Blogger Unknown said...
Aha, well Sara you're going to have to find your way over one of these years as its certainly a festival that can hold its own.

Hope you can handle a few more South By posts - recaps are up ahead...