7.04.2008
[The Blood Arm]
"Well, here we are without a deck of cards. I tried so hard to disregard the questions, dodge the past, and make every moment last."

With yet another band I've been suddenly reminded of, I must sound like a pretty forgetful person, and I pretty much am. I don't know what prompted me to remember these guys (and gal), but before today, I honestly haven't sat down and listened to the Blood Arm since I first caught wind of them at South By '05. Funny what can happen in a few years. Apparently, these guys learned a bit of French. They describe their compositional make up as 4 parts unicorn, 0.8 cgar, and a 2 parts Lambo that can be replaced by, of course, more unicorn. Being nowhere near 100%, or plausible for that matter, I'll just have to take their word for it. However you add it all up, this LA-based quartet is surely danceable and all entertainment. Give an ear to the Blood Arm...

Various songs from the Blood Arm (all songs are right click save as):
Suspicious Character (KKS Remix)
Do I Have Your Attention ft. Anais

Learn more at the Blood Arm site.
Be their friend!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - "Wow!" shouts the startled crowd, "How now did you see what I did see?" Have fun blowing up fireworks and make sure to keep your limbs on this Fourth of July holiday...

Otherwheres - Speaking of these celebrations, Matt over at You Ain't No Picasso points out a free De Novo Dahl performance at the Independence Day Party in Lexington...

Otherwheres - Dodge at MOKB gives some love to Alejandro Escovedo...
3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Crazy danceable stuff, I'm really loving it. Great find!

Blogger Infrason said...
I love this duo bilingue.

Vive l'anglais et vive le français !

Blogger Brad aka Penguin said...
Sara - Definitely glad you like...

infrason - Anais is most definitely a great refresher to the track. As if they didn't already have me at the boy-girl vocals, they had to pull the bilingual card too...