7.11.2008
Happy Happy (Joy Joy) Birthday To You!

Or well to me at least. That's right! It's my birthday, and I've got better things to do. I wanted to include you all in the celebrations though, but seeing as I can't serve each and every one of you a piece of cake, it seems this mix will have to do. I thought I'd just post whatever and whoever the hell I wanted, because it's my birthday - hazaa! Nothing too related here (though the overall demeanor is uppity-up I think), just a mix of some great artists who are always a safe bet to buy a CD of. So while I choke on cake, you can choke your earbuds with this music...

Various Songs (artist name leads to site & all songs are right click - save as):
The Apples in Stereo - Energy
Architecture in Helsinki - Hold Music
The Arctic Monkeys - Fluorescent Adolescent
Benjy Ferree - The Dogkillers
The Chalets - Nightrocker
The Grates - Lies Are Much More Fun
I'm From Barcelona - Collection of Stamps
Noah & The Whale - Five Years Time
Oh No! Oh My! - The Party Punch
Sleater-Kinney - Combat Rock
Snake & Jet's Amazing Bullit Band - Ten Cities Beyond
The Starlight Mints - Eyes of the Night

---------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - Definitely not someone I expected to see in my usual blog run, but John over at Party Ends! has a nice little feature on Nina Simone. In my jazzy days, that lady was heavy on play...

Otherwheres - Remember Pete & Pete? I do....sort of. Get nostalgic over at Skatterbrain...

Otherwheres - Have a great weekend guys!

Labels:

7 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Happy birthday!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Sorry I couldn't make it to your surprise party! Present coming soon I swear!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Happy Birthday!!!

Blogger John L said...
Hope you had a good birthday. Loving the Noah song, thanks for posting it.

Blogger D said...
happy belated birthday :)

Blogger Brad aka Penguin said...
Thanks for all the birthday well-wishes guys!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
loving the demons theme

happy birthday

dino in doncaster .. england