8.27.2008
[Carmensita]
"Ay tu primo colorado con barba camburada y lleno de ballena inclinadose al sol."

I love the idea of coming back with something old and unsurprising...

How long has this video been out now? A month? I even got a perfectly prompt heads up about it's release from the kind people at Spinner back when it was first released. I'm afraid I've become a very lazy blogger, and though I tell you all the time how I plan on fixing that, I think I really might just mean it now. I've got lots of downtime this year thanks to a horribly gappy schedule, and lucky for you, I've gotta do soooomething. Anyway, here you have it. Devendra Banhart's amusingly cheesy, Bollywood-inspired video for Carmensita!


"Carmensita"


From Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon (all songs are right click - save as):
Carmensita
Shabop Shalom

----------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - A thanks to photographer Lauren Dukoff for having such...interesting photos of Devendra that I could use...

Otherwheres - Matt over at You Ain't No Picasso shares some new Final Fantasy...

Otherwheres - Covert Curiosity shares a bit about Nas...