11.20.2008
[Black Bear]
"And when he stared across the river into my eyes, it made me shiver. And I knew that it was lovely to have a black bear thinking of me."

As the days become progressively more fall, I can't help but think of Black Bear. Based out of Seattle, Black Bear is an outfit consisting of, and only of, Sam Beebe. Harbored in the young Seattle...uhn(?) *edit* Seattleite *, is an astonishing talent for music of symbiotic complexity and intelligence. Through Black Bear, Beebe reminds us that music is a craft, and Beebe definitely has the skull. Depositing layers upon layers, Beebe takes on the role of storyteller weaving spectacular imagery into every anecdotal song. I'm continually amazed at how little I hear about this guy, because he clearly deserves so much more. Be sure to give a listen to Black Bear...

Various Songs From Black Bear (all songs are right click - save as):
Black Bear
I Believe In Immediacy

Learn more at the Black Bear site.
Be his friend!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - From The Basement holds an Andrew Bird performance that has me eagerly, eagerly, eagerly awaiting his performance here in Austin in January...

Otherwheres - Matt over at Skatterbrain posts a whole bunch of goodage in his November mix...

Otherwheres - IGIF along with the rest of the Music Alliance Pact gives you a rundown of all the good things this planet has to offer...
3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
SeattleITE is preferred by those of us who call it home. But I appreciate the effort.

Blogger Unknown said...
I thought what I used sounded rather uhn...fitting.

Consider it fixed :)

Blogger Crystal said...
I completely agree. I just don't understand how he does not get props? The Cinnamon Phase is the only cd I've bought full price in the last year or so.