3.19.2009
[PTGEAIYGTSBWLAEIYWG Mix - Part 2]
The People to Get Excited About if You're Going to SXSW But Would Like Anyway Even if You Weren't Going Mix

You're probably wondering what the hell all those letters mean. Kicking off my South By Southwest coverage this year is a massive mix for a massive fest. There's been quite a bit of material I could have covered before the fest officially goes down, and the operative phrase there is "could have." Undoubtedly, it's a gargantuan amount, and the time I've had lately has been minuscule...and I've been lazy. When situations like this arise, a blogger's best friend, mix, comes into play, and so I present this. Returning from last year is the People To Get Excited About If You're Going to SXSW But Would Like Anyway Even If You Weren't Going Mix. The product of me quickly skimming through that list of artists and jotting down names that had me getting all giddy. SXSW Music starts tomorrow kiddos! For those of you going, I tip my hat and remind you to prepare for a crazy, crazy time...

NOTE: Turns out one of my posts got in trouble again, and it was part two of this mix series. On the one hand, I love the idea that those keen copyright Big Brothers (that don't read disclaimers for polite requests of removal first) are keeping a close eye on me, but at the same time...well it's just not amusing. Here's an edited version, and since I don't know what got me in trouble the first time, I just winged it with removing whoever I thought was the burden.

The PTGEAIYGTSBWLAEIYWG Mix Pt. 2 (artist name leads to site & all songs are right click - save as):
KaiserCartel - Season Song
Great Northern - Bleeding Hearts
Grizzly Bear - On A Neck On A Spit
Haley Bonar - Captain Captain
I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness - When You Go Out
Kevin Devine - Just Stay
Little Ones - High On A Hill
Matt & Kim - Good Ol' Fashion Nightmare
Pete and the Pirates - Mr. Understanding
Project Jenny, Project Jan - 320
Rod Thomas - Same Old Lines
Sally Crewe & The Sudden Moves - Pane of Glass
Sky Larkin - Somersault (Notes!)
Slow Club - Me And You
The Soft Pack - Nightlife
Voxtrot - Rise Up In The Dirt
White Denim - ShakeShakeShake
White Lies - To Lose My Life

---------------------------------------------------------------

From what I recall, the otherwheres were all about parties.

To save myself some time I'm just going to point you in one direction for day parties...

Showlist Austin

Oh and just as a general update - my coverage of South By will entirely be post-coverage, so you can look for my POV starting Monday.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:
Blogger The Evil Uncle said...
me likey this blog velly much

that 'i love you but i've chosen darkness' track is ace