6.17.2009
[If You've Only Got]
4 Minutes, 1 Second
"I got some frozen strawberries so I could ice your bruising knees. But frozen things, they all unfreeze, and now I taste like all those frozen strawberries I used to chill your bruising knees."

So as I write this, I bumble about in sporatical, sunshineless weather in the country's so-called "Sunshine State." It's a bit hard to get down when you have something so cutesy as Chairlift's "Bruises" playing in the background. With sweet, saccharine vocals singing to the motto of "try, try and try again", an amazingly simple beat is transformed into a light, fizzy crafting of pop that bubbles you to a state of undiluted euphoria. Apparently, this song made rounds as one of iPod's commercial buddies. Yet amazingly, despite the vast amounts of telly I watch, I never caught on to it. No, rather I first caught this audio when I watched some YouTubage about a baby squirrel that wasn't able to follow Mama Squirrel up the heartless, high walls on UCLA's campus. After a bit of try, try and try again (and the assistance of a gloriously high pile of various students' belongings), baby squirrel was able to scramp up and over to a reunion with Mama worthy of appearance on Oprah. How fitting that as I finish penning this, the sun comes back. Have a gloriously cheery hump day.

If You've Only Got Series 5 (all songs are right click - save as):
Chairlift - Bruises

Learn more at their site.
Be their friend.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - BreakThru Radio's been nice enough to feature us as their blog of the week!

Otherwheres - And if you're curious to watch that YouTubage I mentioned...

Labels: