11.27.2009
[A Dark, Dark Friday]
Black Friday Mix
A Dark, Dark Friday

According to Macy's, the holiday shopping season has officially begun, and on this, the blackest of Fridays, I have the pleasure of working in retail once again. There'll be tears. There'll be blood. There'll be savings. And there'll be a myriad of shoppers willing to give us retailers the first two all in the name of that third. Whether or not you be the type to brave the crowds and eye-gouge your way to thrifty glory, I send you off with this Black Friday mix and pray you survive this dark, dark Friday.

A Dark, Dark Friday Mix (artist name leads to site and all songs are right click - save as):
Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
Au Revoir Simone - Dark Halls
Bishop Allen - Little Black Ache
Division Day - Bad Black Moon
Franz Ferdinand - Shopping For Blood
Jens Lekman - Black Cab
Lily Allen - Nan, You're A Window Shopper
Magic Wands - Black Magic
Okkervil River - Black
Sally Crewe & the Sudden Moves - Black Cars
Spoon - Black Like Me
Tunng - Tale From Black

---------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving weekend! And for my sake, stick to shopping your Black Friday on Amazon...

Labels:

3 Comments:
Anonymous Zach said...
I worked three shifts at two different jobs today, so coming home to this is just miraculous.

That facepalm described me up till I let this play. Great mix and thanks for the breather.

Anonymous Scott said...
Try working at Best Buy on a day like this.

Blogger Brad aka Penguin said...
Zach - And I thought working two shifts was bad. I definitely feel for ya...

Scott - Aha, yeah I can't even imagine. I don't know though, mall shoppers can be pretty brutal.