11.18.2009
[Gil Mantera's Party Dream]
"I don't know why I love you."

After typing that Gil Mantera line from Elmo's Wish up there, I realize, "I don't know why I love you" pretty much sums up my relationship with Gil Mantera's Party Dream. After exposing themselves, both musically and what may as well have been graphically, to me during South By two years ago, I'm a fan (of the former, not so much the latter). Basing themselves in, out of all places, Youngstown, Ohio, Gil Mantera's Party Dream is a sibling duo that you simply wouldn't guess comes from Youngstown, Ohio. A mental ward's imagination, perhaps. But not Youngstown, Ohio. With a slant to synthesize, Gil Mantera's Party Dream caters to the party rock-inclined, and luckily for them, Gil Mantera has a simple inclination to just party. Nevermind the rock, that's the word that comes after party in party-rock, and party is what you will do. Gil Mantera and his brother, Ultimate Donny, are set to party various venues away and are set to make a party dream out of Emo's right here in Austin tomorrow night. For those of you in Austin, Texas and the immediate beyond, I say head on over and make something out of your Thursday night.

Various songs from Gil Mantera's Party Dream (all songs are right click - save as):
Elmo's Wish
Dreamlovers

Catch up on the dates on the rest of their tour on their site.
Be their friend!

-------------------------------------------

No Otherwheres Down Here For Now