11.28.2009
Owl City and Why You Should Give Them A Chance


[Frame credit: Angela Pak]

I used to be a Music Tool.  I would say such things as, "I've heard them before they were famous!" "I got a free ticket there, so hah!" I was quite a prick, if I do say so myself.

But then, on Facebook of all places, I saw two of my best friends saying, "Listen to Owl City."  Owl City came on the radio.  My little sister sings the lyrics for "Fireflies"
while she's walking.

So I decided to find out more about them.

They've actually been around since 2007.  And they are actually one person. Owl City, or Adam Young, began playing music in his parents' basement on nights he couldn't sleep.  I know what that's like.  Soon enough, with a little help from his friends, Owl City was birthed.

I normally shy away from electronica, but Owl City is annoyingly addicting.  I understand why my 10 year sister would like it, but I like it just as much, and I'm 20.  He uses "big words" like "albatross!"  How could I not like him, being a "big word" fanatic?

Well here's the music:

mp3 Fireflies(duh)
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Owl city isn't a band. It's one person 'Adam Young'.

Blogger Alina said...
duly noted, Mr. (Ms., Miss, Mrs?) Anonymous.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
owl city must have to pay postal service serious royalties for completely stealing their music.....this is horrific stuff

Anonymous travis said...
wow. awful pop-fluff. saccharine smack.