2.19.2010
[The Answering Machine]
The Answering Machine
"I saw you there at the Friday show. You looked so strange in your brand new clothes; you spoke with an accent I don't know. I guess it's true - we all have to grow up soon."

Am I late on the wagon on this one? When I heard this English quartet took up reigns at the last Monolith Festival, I suddenly remembered I had this foursome simmering on my backburner. It seems, coming back to them now, they had already set a pan fire and were set to burn my musical blog house down. Rightfully so, The Answering Machine is fiery group of youngsters from Manchester with a sound inclined to make you drop everything you're doing and just rock the friggers out. It's always a pretty good sign when I spend a bit of time trying to pick the songs I want to share with you guys. Needless to say, The Answering Machine make for a great listen. A riff raff of guitars and pacing drumbeat assure that you're never just standing or sitting around with the likes of them playing in the background. Get up and gear up for your weekend with the Answering Machine...

From Another City, Another Sorry album (all songs are right click - save as):
Another City, Another Sorry

Learn more at their site.
Be their friend!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Have a great weekend!
4 Comments:
Blogger ambarella said...
They remind me of Bloc Party.

Anonymous John said...
Great stuff!

Blogger Brad aka Penguin said...
ber - First of all, if that's like "bear," your name is awesome. Secondly, I gave it a second round through my ear drums, and I can definitely see the Bloc Party connection. Answering Machine, to me, if I had to differentiate the two, just carries a more youthful edge.

John - Glad you like it!

Blogger Unknown said...
Love The Answering Machine! I was trying to find bands similar to them and I came across this new band from Liverpool called Sound of Guns, don't know if you've heard of them. I'd really recommend them, their music is wicked. Their new album is out this month. Here is their official site, check it out! -

http://soundofguns.wordpress.com/