6.15.2010
[Lo-Fi Culture Scene]
"As I try to recognize the reasons behind your deceitful disguise, my mind runs wild as I try to think all the feasible theories. "

And I bet you thought Bicycle Voice was young. I'll admit that whenever I refer to anyone on here as a "youngster" or "kid", I'm well aware that they're they're older than me. Rarely do I ever come across a group of actual youngsters. The only times these guys have had a 2 in their age is when they were 2 and 12. In a time when we have someone like Justin Bieber roaming around (I thought he was a girl up till a few days ago), these guys are more than refreshing. For their age, these kids - and boy do I mean it - really know what they're doing to the point where I'm almost a little sickened by how accomplished these guys are - did you play a major festival back in high school? At their age, other people are pulling skill on Guitar Hero. Instead you've got a group that spent their schoolnight alongside talent literally twice their age at festivals and award shows. Lo-Fi Culture Scene is a 5-piece set of secondary schoolers out of London, and though, they may still be a bit rough around the edges, I think it's rather clear that these guys have a good thing going for them in music. Incredibly mature in both their instrumental skill and songwriting, Lo-Fi Culture Scene truly illustrate for me that children are our future...

Various songs from Lo-Fi Culture Scene (all songs are right click - save as):
Fast Forward

Learn more at their site.
Be their friend!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - Be sure to head on over to Side One: Track One tomorrow as I mosey on over and write a bit for them this summer...

Otherwheres - It took me ages to finally add these guys to our Neighbors list, but be sure to head on over to Austin Town Hall for just a whole lot of goodness...

Otherwheres - I sort of forgot to post yesterday, but no worries. I plan on going back in time and putting something up there...