8.05.2006
[The Grates]
Now I said that I'd put a proper post up on The Grates once I had the time, so here it is as promised. The news of their UK tour really couldn't have come at a better time as I've been waiting for a good newsworthy reason to post on this wild group from Australia. Ah yes, Australia - I told you that it was a fun countrinent. Next to boomerangs, the country's largest export is, after all, condensed euphoria, and The Grates are just one of the many forms that product is delivered. As I've read, whenever this trio is mentioned, enough can never be said on their live performances which, apparently, resemble birthday parties. Listening to their music, I'm not surprised. Their tunage carries that fun, childish aura that's only right amongst an environment of ball pits, balloons, and bouncy houses; it's even said that vocal Patience Hodgson yields an arsenal of invisible trampolines, so I don't think it can be denied that this bunch are just fun in a box. Fun in a box? Condensed euphoria. So to our lucky UK readers, I place a party hat on your head and point you to your respected venue only to ask, "When does the party come to America?"

Various songs from The Grates (all songs are right click - save as):
19-20-20
Lies Are Much More Fun
Little People
Trampoline

Read up on Matt's great interview with Grates' guitarist John Patterson here.
Get more info on these kiddos at The Grates site.
Be their friend!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

BSOTM Quick-List

And this is the first of probably many Quick-Lists, but I got a nice little email from a small label that though I'd like some of their tunes. I thought it was nice, and made for good downloads so here ya go. Some snippets from Ought Implies Can Records.

Various songs from Ought Implies Can Records (artist name leads to site and all songs are right click - save as):
My Music Atlas - Frugal Traps & Happenstance
Nire - Static Glow (m4a)
The Encyclopedias - To Be Floating
Tinyfolk - Owls

Otherwheres - Spoon contest, six more days.

That's it for today everyone, I'm off to a job interview - wish me luck!