11.14.2006
[Scandimania! & A Whole Lot of Otherwheres]
Hrm, My Viking Is Lookin' Rather Stout

A few months ago I applied to a certain Swedish company some of you may know as IKEA. Well, I bagged a job and start next week, so to celebrate I thought I'd post a mix. This mix. The Scandimania! Mix. Oh Sweden & Company, for such a cold, cold region, what makes your heart so warm? Next to Australia, you're my next source of happy. In fact, if Australia cans euphoria, the Baltic region crates the essence of care-free. Chocked to the brim with unique sounds, Scandimania! just gives a quick taste of different artists from Europe's chilly cap. Enjoysen ya?

The Scandimania! Mix (all songs are right click - save as & artist name leads to site)

Acid House Kings - Do What You Wanna Do
Buckaneers - Cold Morning
I'm From Barcelona - Jenny
Leopold - Work
Husky Rescue - Summertime Cowboy
Audrey - Views
Shout Out Louds - Comeback

Did I forget someone? Of course I did! So then, who do you like from the area?

-----------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - What you say? You've recently seen Stranger Than Fiction? Well, why don't you go try your hand in winning it's soundtrack with our Stranger Than Fiction contest...

Otherwheres
- Looking for more Swede music? Be sure to check out Swedesplease as a lot of the stuff I put up today was originally found on that wonderful bit of internet....

Otherhweres - Go rock some history over at IGIF....

Otherwheres - Mmmm, Matt over at Skatterbrain has some Los Campesinos! and crazy Kanye...

Otherhweres - Other Matt over at You Ain't No Picasso has some new Modest Mouse tunage...
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Shout out from Downunder! Really like the Buckaneers track. Congratulations on your new job.

Blogger Unknown said...
Heyo Anon - The Buckaneers were one of the better finds I came across the other day; glad you like and thanks for the kind words...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I noticed you said that you're from Austin; are they opening an Ikea near Austin? I'm originally from there, and will go back at christmas time.

Blogger Unknown said...
Heyo Laurie - The IKEA barely just opened today (15th), and it's located a bit north in Round Rock, the exit right before the also new outlet center.