12.28.2007
[Musikkah! Day Eight - Some Are Lovers, Some Are Friends]
Musikkah Day Seven
Muh-muh-muh-wha? [Post]

The dualities post, a mix I've come to appreciate more and more ever since I resurrected it as a playlist on my iTunes. As you can imagine, this mix is a far cry from the last one, but I wanted to make sure Musikkah ended happily and with luuuurve. Shoving this to the end also allowed to me to insert one of the tracks from that movie Juno. Despite all that happy, the coming of this post, however, does mean that Musikkah is at the end of its run - I hope you all enjoyed it!

Some Are Lovers, Some Are Friends

Originally Posted 8.19.06

Must the sexes really battle? Has thought ever been given to what would happen if we were all to just forgo the barriers of gender, throw out the "anything you can do, I can do better" talk and work together as one? Well, in the world of music, I found out that people just aren't that afraid to get...well, harmoniously sexed up. In fact, the harmoniously sexed up music tends to eventually fall further into the "good stuff" category. Dual, juxtaposed vocals can grab attention by being soft, brash, quiet, loud, gentle, unkind, flowing and forced all at the same time. Have you gotten it yet? Utilizing guy-gal vocals just has the inclination nto speak out of - ha! - both sides of the mouth. If you have yet to notice, even this blog is run by both guy and gal. So get harmoniously sexed up with these, shall we say, bisexual songs, and have a great weekend guys and gals!

Some Are Lovers, Some Are Friends (artist name leads to site and all songs are right click - save as):
The Brunettes - Loopy Loopy Love
The Chalets - Two Chord Song
The Eastern Stars - They Know What To Do
The Elephant Parade - I Like Riding In Your Car
The Light Footwork - The Art of Everyday Communication Pt 1
Los Campesinos! - Death To Los Campesinos!
Matt & Kim - Silver Tiles
The Moldy Peaches - Anyone Else But You
Peter Bjorn & John - Young Folks
Sondre Lerche - Modern Nature

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - I'll just keep it to these otherwheres in the hope that it'll be more likely read. Sadly, after having a regular posting schedule, looks like I'll be posting ambiguously for the next week or so. I'm seeking warmer climbs for a bit this winter, and I don't know if I'll be able to find time to post...

Otherwheres - An early happy new year to all of you!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
and it definitely ends with a bang, this mix is my favorite out of all the other ones

Anonymous Anonymous said...
oh and happy new year to you too!