12.12.2007
[Musikkah! Day Two - Ebony & Ivory Keys]
Musikkah Day Two
Learn more about Musikkah [Post].

Ebony & Ivory Keys

Originally Posted 7.31.06

Once upon a time, I tunefully pressed the black and white keys of a piano and did so for three years before I threw out my songbook and deemed the instrument for nerds. I regret ever making that decision, and I shatter to pieces knowing that, had I continued, I probably could belt out the fantastically sequential notes of Spoon's The Way We Get By on my dusty, neglected Yamaha keyboard. I have a sense of respect to artists nowadays that don't take those 88 keys for granted - a piano is a piano whose sound can never be replaced and is a classic among instruments. yet for its long existence, this geezer has managed to show that it's still hip and happenin'. It's hugged by practically every genre, and wherever it goes, it always brings a touch of class and a (dirty) martini. This mix is homage to my dead talent and a way for me to raise a glass to the piano and the dirty-sounding person that plays it. Cheers...

Ebony & Ivory Keys (artist name leads to site and all songs are right click - save as):
Anathallo - Hanasakajijiii (Three: The Man Who Made Dead Trees Bloom)
Bishop Allen - Queen of the Rummage Sale
Chris Garneau - Black & Blue
Haley Bonar - Captain Captain
Headlights - Lullabies
The Mighty Narwhale - Night Lights
Robbers On High Street - Spanish Teeth
Spoon - The Way We Get By

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - I was going to send you over to Dodge at MOKB for a best of list when I realized there's just loads going on over there. Head on over for his holiday interview series aaanndd various takes on the year's best...

Otherwheres - I was looking for Mixmas over at YANP, but was distracted by the Okkervil River offer instead...

Otherwheres - Quite a few blogs are going dead, but if you're in college, you understand why...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:
Oh yeah!

Musikah Rules!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
That Haley Bonar is a gem, thanks for sharing her...

Blogger Unknown said...
Carissa - I think I can credit that find to Skatterbrain, but Haley Bonar is indeed a gem - glad you like it...