10.11.2006
[Archie Bronson Outfit: On The Album]
Hrm, do you remember these guys? If not, allow me to refresh your mind. Those three, rather shaggy guys waiting to go on transit make up the hip group that is The Archie Bronson Outfit. Ah yes, that Archie Bronson Outfit. Ever since these guys released Derdang, Derdang, I've been hard-pressed to go one day without listening to at least one of their songs. That may be of course because my alarm clock simply plays Dart For My Sweeheart every weekday morning at 7, but even if it didn't do that, I'd probably still be listening to an Archie Bronson song every day. I won't lie, the kids just know how to make me dance and, more specifically, jive. Now, I can go in depth into the concept of jiving, but so that I can talk more about the album, I'll just say that jiving is that thing you do whenever you really like a song.

As said in my post past, The Archie Bronson Outfit carry the free-loving sound of some 7o's flower child. In the case of their second album, Derdang, Derdang (released in the US early August), it's a 7os flower child that's rather sexed up and lives in the jungle, but that's the best type of 7os flower child anyway. Derdang, Derdang (released in the US early August), really is something on the wild side. With tribal drums, clawing guitars and let's call the chorusing "ritualistic chanting", The Archie Bronson Outfit is a cannaballistic tribe ready to consume you with their teethy tunage. The album's energy and beats are so rushed and fast-paced at times that you get the idea that lead Sam Windett's vocals are ached and stretched because he's straining to catch up with it all. For anyone that's kept with the trio, the noticable favorite would probably have to be my alarm clock wakeup, Dart For My Sweetheart. Dart simply embodies everything to love about Archie Bronson - the hypnotic drum beats, the stinging guitars, strained vocals against an airy female chorus. Yes, I've said it before in the past - The Archie Bronson Oufit step off the average timeline of Brit Rock and continue to progress on their own macheted path of music. The album does, however, carry a few anchors with a few repetitive lyrics and even some recycled beats; for that, Derdang, Derdang slices out 4 out of 5 stars.

From The Archie Bronson Outfit's Derdang, Derdang (all songs are right click - save as):
Dart For My Sweetheart
Cherry Lips
Cuckoo

Check out their current US tour at their site.
Be their friend!

---------------------------------------------------

Otherwheres - I was stupid and accidentally saved this post as a draft on Wednesday rather than actually publishing it. Maybe you'll forgive me knowing I've started a new contest?
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
when was Derdang, Derdang released in the US?

Blogger Unknown said...
Heyo anon - I checked into it for the exact dates. I said Derdang, Derdang was released early August, but it seems it was actually late July (25th, to be exact). Thats about 4 months after Derdang's UK release...